MCS / MAI Internships
The internship period is the second semester of your senior sophister year - from January to July 2019. You need to have an internship set up in industry or in a research lab.
Internship Opportunities 2019
As more companies join the program through September and October we will add the new opportunities, so please keep returning if you don't yet have an internship set up.
You can use these links or you can find your own internship opportunities. We will have to check and approve any internship proposals, to confirm they meet our general educational and administrative requirements.
Curriculum Vitae Needed
Increase your chances of securing the internship you want by submitting a great CV. Get your CV reviewed at one of the weekly drop in CV clinics, or sign in to MyCareer to make an appointment with your Careers Consultant Marielle Kelly for advice on making your application stand out. Visit the Careers and Advisory Service for more information.
The application process varies a bit from company to company, but the general pattern is the same: you apply for an internship as if you were applying for a job. You may have to send your applications directly to the host company, or you may have to send them to us. There may be a specific deadline, or there may be a rolling programme of application. In any case, pay close attention to the relevant requirements.
Typically, promising candidates will be selected from the applications submitted, interviews or other similar events will be held and the successful candidates will be offered internships.
- The official title of the course you are on is Integrated Masters in Computer Science or Integrated Masters in Computer Engineering.
- Dates and Deadline for the 18-19 Internships:
- Formal Internship Period: 1 January 2019 to 31 July 2019
- Submission of Signed Internship Application to teaching unit: 10th October 2018
- Submission of Internship Agreement form with Host company: 26th November 2018
- Submission of Internship Goals: 1st Feb 2019
- Submission of mid-point Reflective Diary: 1st April 2019
- Poster Presentation: April 10th 2019
- Submission of Technical Report and Final Reflective Diary: 1st August 2019
- The expected year of your graduation is 2020.
If you plan to take the internship route you must submit a signed internship application form to the Internship Coordinator by Monday 8th October 2018 (Teaching Unit - O'Reilly Institute or hand in to Computer Science reception).
When you have secured a position you must submit an Internship Agreement Form to the internship coordinator. Your internship is not confirmed until this form is submitted.
Thinking of Going Abroad?
It is possible to take your Intership overseas. If you think this might be for you, please read the information on this page >>>
What Does a Computing Internship look like?
A Day In The Life of a Computing Intern